- Fixtures allocated to referees are advised on the SAFL website at the latest on a Sunday prior to a Saturday fixture or 6 days prior to a midweek fixture.
- Referees listed as "STANDBY" or on "CUP TIES" are advised on the SAFL website in the "NEWS" tab section of the website. Standby referees must remain available in event of a "call off". Games cannot be accepted from other leagues unless permission is given by the SAFL referee co-ordinator.
- Referees are reminded that Club Secretaries must confirm the fixture to them not later than the Tuesday night preceding any Saturday match. Please inform the League Match Secretary if this is not carried out.
- Referees having accepted an appointment and then being unable to fulfil this appointment, should advise the SAFL League Match Secretary / SAFL referee co-ordinator and the home club Match Secretary.
- Referees on no account appoint a substitute to any game unless sanction has been granted by the SAFL League Match Secretary or SAFL referee co-ordinator.
- Fee for Season - £40.00. Assistant Referee fee is £30.00 - For trips over 60 miles the fee is £40.00 plus 15 pence per mile after the first 60 miles. To be paid by the home club (except cup ties where fee is shared) before the game starts. Trips to Dunoon are match fee plus ferry fare.
- Referees are expected to be allocated at least one fixture per season in the Argyll area. Fixtures in Dunoon are NOT classified as a fixture in the Argyll area.
- The official kick off time for all Saturday afternoon games will be 2pm including domestic cup ties which are 90 mins only then straight to penalties. Scottish / West Cup ties will be subject to confirmation.
- Referees are reminded that grounds registered in the handbook are the only grounds clubs can play unless special permission is granted.
- All referees are requested to be at the ground at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled kick off time.
- Referees are reminded that goal nets and corner flags must be used in all matches under the auspices of the SAFL.
- Referees can start a game without corner flags but goal nets must be in place. Referee should notify the league of any omissions.
- Referees must supply linesman flags and ensure club officials act as linesmen.
- Referees must not unnecessarily delay kick off times when teams have not their full complement of players,
- The actual kick off time must be recorded by referees on the match team lines and in cases where the kick off is late, referees are requested to assist the SAFL by stating the reason for the late kick off on the reverse side of the teams lines being forwarded to the SAFL.
- Referees must sign and exchange with clubs a copy of the team lines BEFORE the commencement of the match.
- Referees are reminded that they should indicate on the team lines whether or not the substitutes played by "ticking" box next to "Sub" when sub played.
- Referees should indicate on the team lines the caution offence category of any player cautioned during the match.
- Referees should also indicate on the team lines when any player has been ordered off and then issue a separate report for each ordering off offence.
- Referees must send team lines to the Discipline Secretary (Margaret McMillan - 69 Ladywell Rd, Motherwell. Ml1 3JH) by first post on the Tuesday following the match.
- When a misconduct report is required, this should be sent by post (along with team lines) directly to the Discipline Secretary (Margaret McMillan - address above)
- Misconduct Report forms as a minimum should consider the following content:
"WHO" "WHERE" "WHEN" "DISTANCE/POSITION" & "OFFENCE CRITERIA" as described in the "Laws of the Game".
- SAFL listed Referees who are also listed with another league are considered that the SAFL is their primary league and nominations to Scottish and West Cup secretaries for appointment to ties will be by the SAFL unless specific permission is attained from the SAFL referee co-ordinator.
- If a Referee has any questions or clarifications then they should contact the SAFL Referee Co-ordinator (Derek Milton 07749 240008 ) or the current SAFL referee delegate.
Download common files/reports.